Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Days 560...561...

Day 560...

Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Today I took a drug test.  Yes a drug test.  I've had a seasonal job offered to me and it's mine if I want it.  The test involved sticking a plastic wand with a cotton swab on the end to soak up saliva.  It's quite the process I must say.  After the ten minutes of saliva soaking, we were asked to deposit the swab into a test tube.  It seemed to be pretty easy however, I might have been the only one to actually understand the process.  It was a two hour long hiring event and I left feeling I should have run the process.  I understand public speaking can be daunting, but when you are responsible for explaining things to people who have never gone through a process, you have to master it.  The gentleman running this event was quiet and shy and you could barely understand what he was saying.  I guess I move onto the next step.  More on that later!

Day 561...

Happy CMA Awards Day!  Tonight in Nashville, the country music world gathered at Bridgestone Arena in the heart of downtown Nashville for the 52nd Annual Country Music Association Awards.  I was there in 2011 and loved every moment leading up to the show.  While we were flying home the day of the show, that morning was magical and the buzz was intoxicating.  I can't wait to go back!  This was my view from the Nashville Hilton when I woke up.

No comments: