Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 557...558...559...

Day 557...

Well another great day ruined by the Ducks losing a game that they should've won.  The day started off great with a thrilling Bedlam battler with the Sooners taking the win and Michigan taking care of business.  I know I'm being overly dramatic about Oregon, but it's been a tough series of games.  I know things will get fixed and turned around and Oregon is already headed to a bowl game, but man...so many close calls.

The weather has been clear during the day and cold at night.  Temperatures got down below freezing in the outskirts of town and close to freezing here in the city.  I like clear and cold, but I'd rather have some snow with all the cold.  Winter is just around the corner, what can I say?

Day 558...

Happy Sunday!  The wind is ripping out of the gorge and the National Weather Service, Portland office has issued a Wind Advisory for winds gusting 40-50mph in the Portland metro area.  Winds are expected through tomorrow afternoon.  It's the first true east wind event of the season.  I love these events and now I'm really wanting to head up to Crown Point to experience the high winds.

Day 559...

The east winds have died down a little but will really ramp down over the next coming hours.  Happy Monday by the way.  It's CMA Awards week back in Nashville.  I was there seven years ago, waking up at the Nashville Hilton looking out over the courtyard between the hotel and the Country Music Hall of Fame.  The production trucks were parked along side of the Bridgestone Arena and the red carpet was being laid out.  I had a plane to catch and we wouldn't be attending the show, but that didn't mean I couldn't be a part of the days energy.  I finished packing and decided to go walk around lower Broadway just one more time.  The music coming from the bars was just starting and watching people scurry about just made the time fly by.  Soon enough I had to head back to the hotel and head to the airport.  It's been seven years since I was last there, but I knew it wasn't going to be my last.  I'm looking forward to seeing Nashville again soon.

No comments: