Friday, November 9, 2018

Days 550...551...552...553...554...555...556...

Day 550...

Happy Saturday Afternoon!  The Ducks just finished beating UCLA and Chip Kelly.  The crowd cheered when Chip was introduced and several of the Duck Head Coaches came out to say hello.  On the field, Oregon scored in the first half which is a big deal considering the last couple of weeks.  Oregon looked a lot better on special teams and defense.

Earlier before work, I taped the latest episode of "B Squared" with Bonnie.  We talked about the tornadoes that touched down earlier this week and started looking ahead to some seasonal changes coming next week.  You can hear the latest episode by clicking on the box up to the right.

Day 551...

Happy Sunday...I won't begin to discuss what is happening to my Detroit Lions.  I've had one of my Michigan uncles in town for a couple days and it was really fun to watch the college games yesterday and the NFL today with him.  I've talked a lot about family and how important they are, and I will continue to do so.  Family to me means everything.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and I look forward to next week!

Day 552...

Happy Monday!  Just about a year ago, I invested in some high powered walkie talkies for the family to use on road trips and if there was ever an emergency where phones didn't work.  My sweet niece unfortunately broke one of the antennas on our last road trip.  Today, the replacements arrived.  Amazon sold them in a package of six, so I have some extras now.  The radios are programmed on the family radio frequencies making them compatible with other brands who operate on those channels.  For a just a couple dollars, it's been a great investment.  Before you ask, yes I have a license to operate them.

Day 553...

Happy Tuesday!  It's election day and it's winding down here on the west coast.  I worked for Washington County Elections today for an eleven hour shift.  I was part of a two man team that picked up ballots from two collection points and then drove them back to election headquarters.  I had never done this job and I was really looking forward to the challenge of it.  It was exciting to be a part of the process and I learned a lot about voting, counting and how the whole system works.  I left being proud of the job I had done, the process and how it's our civic duty to vote in every election.  Each vote really does matter.

Day 554...

Happy Wednesday!  It's cold outside.  A short post as I'm trying to recover from yesterday's festivities.   Thank you all to those of you who voted.

Day 555...

Happy Thursday!  It's a busy night here at the bar.  After the events of last night in California, I was a little uneasy about work, but I also know that it was a random event.  I feel very safe working here and I'm blessed that my owners also take things seriously.

Day 556...

Happy Friday! No band tonight at work so it's been all requests and I've had some random ones, but with that said, I really like Friday nights.  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some Christmas music!

No comments: