Sunday, October 14, 2018

Days 527...528...529...530...531...

Day 527...

What I've witnessed today can't be accurately put into words.  Hurricane Michael came ashore this afternoon as a very strong category four storm, slamming into the Florida panhandle with winds of 155mph and a central pressure of 919 millibars.  I can't believe how this storm formed and continued to gain strength even as it neared the coastline.  The video from today is amazing.  I know it will be several days until we can begin to get a full picture and scope of all the damage that Michael has brought.


While I'm terrified and yes I am terrified to see that Michael is doing, at least it is in the daylight hours.  The weather geek in me is marveled at the coverage of the storm.  Cable news is doing a good job covering along with the national networks.  The Weather Channel remains the most complete coverage, its what they do.

Here are a couple screen shots I took of the storm before it came ashore.






My thoughts and prayers are with everyone dealing with the storm. May God be with you and keep you safe.

Day 528...

As I feared yesterday, the devastation is massive in some areas. Mexico Beach, where Michael came ashore, is "unrecognizable" according to several residents.  You never want to hear anything like that.  The damage is really extensive and its the same story up and down the coastline.  I've heard reports that every building at Tyndall Air Force Base has been damaged.  This video makes me upset.




I talked about this on the episode of "B Squared" I taped today.  Truly a historic storm.  You can listen to the podcast by clicking in the box on the upper right of the blog post.

Day 529...

Happy Friday!  I'm sick.  I just got back from the doctors and I have pneumonia.  I woke up feeling like garbage.  I'm thankful I went to the walk in clinic.  They took really good care of me.  I'm gonna take it really easy.

Day 530...

Ducks Win...Ducks Win...Ducks Win...   Bow Down to what?

Day 531...

Happy Sunday!  I'm still on a high from the win, but low from the fact that I'm still really tired and coughing a lot.  I'm on antibiotics and have an inhaler if I need it.  I took a short trip to the mall with my mom to help her with an errand, and even after a very short walk, I was winded and the five minutes really wore me out.  This is really no joke.  I'm back home and taking it really easy.  I understand how this is serious.  The human body really is an incredible machine, but all it takes is just a little change and the whole thing goes down.  I'm blessed for all the friends and family who continue to reach out and check on me.  Thank you for that.  I'll be back soon, but for now, I will get back to resting.

No comments: