Sunday, September 30, 2018

Days 509...510...511...512...513...514...515...516...517...

Day 509...

Well that wasn't fun.  The Ducks not only shot themselves in the foot once, they did it several times.  Oregon had the game locked or so we thought.  Following a weird call in which a Duck seemed to score, a fourteen point swing only seconds later as Stanford recovered a fumble and scored on its return.  I sat watching the game at the bar and I couldn't help but feel for everyone at Autzen and every Duck fan everywhere else.  It was a gut wrenching loss. The Ducks now head to Berkeley in what is shaping up to be a battle.

Day 510...

Happy Sunday Everyone! I very short post as I'm on cloud nine.  After yesterday's loss for Oregon, today my Detroit Lions pulled off one of the biggest upsets in all of NFL Football.  The Lions beat the New England Patriots in Detroit.  GO LIONS!

Day 511...

Happy Monday!  I'm looking forward to a nice week weatherwise.  Temperatures are way above normal and the sun is shining brightly.  Weather like this in early fall is a treat.  Get outside and spend sometime in the sun, because once we start to move into real fall weather, well the rain and colder temperatures will be around until the spring.

Day 512...

I hope everyone had a good Monday.  The weather continues to be nice and I enjoying the warmth as I sit here on the patio and write this entry.  Every six hours a new forecast comes out and I can't help but look to see how long this will continue or when I need to get my sweatshirts out of storage.

Day 513...

Happy Wednesday!  I just got back from Powell's Books downtown.  The twin sister and I ran down really quick to pick up a couple books we've both been wanting to read.  Since I'm into politics, I wanted to get a copy of "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign."  The book has been recommended by several friends of mine on both sides of the isle and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Day 514...

Happy Thursday!  Today Bonnie and I taped the latest edition of B Squared.  The tropics have really calmed down and we spent time talking about the heatwave here in Oregon and the cool down and eventual temperature ramp up in OKC. I'm looking forward to another fun Thursday night at the bar.  Also looking forward to seeing the first round of the Ryder Cup.  It will tee off from Paris around 11pm tonight.  I believe we will win!

Day 515...

Speaking of I believe we will win, I used that soccer chant from the US Men's National Soccer Team in a meme for golf.  Well the first round was okay for the US, especially the morning session.  The afternoon session wasn't as nice.  The second round will also tee off late tonight.  It's been fun watching LIVE golf at work and then when I get home.  Happy Friday everyone!

Day 516...

Happy Oregon Gameday!  The Ducks will kick off here in just a little bit.  Here is the DuckCast for tonight's game at Cal!


With it being a late game, I'll watch it from work.  I'll have the stats monitor up and will watch and listen to the call.  Go Ducks!

Day 517...

Happy Sunday!  Oregon got back to their winning ways last night.  It was a very solid game for the Ducks in the first road test.  The offense moved the ball and the defense even got into the act with two touchdowns of their own!  Oregon now goes into the bye week.  Next up, the Washington Huskies travel to Autzen.

Early this morning, the Ryder Cup concluded with Europe regaining the cup on home soil.  The American's mounted a charge but it was a little too late.  After pulling within one point at 9 1/2 to 10 1/2, Europe finished it strong getting the 14 1/2 points needed to win the cup.

The Detroit Lions after beating New England last Sunday night went to Dallas to take on the Cowboys.  After a back and forth affair, the Cowboys kicked a last second field goal to win.  Ugh...the life of a Lions fan.

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: