Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Saying Goodbye To A Friend....


I didn't want today to come in all honesty. I didn't want to have to do what I did. I didn't want to say good bye. My car broke down last week and it was the end of a friendship. My car was my sanctuary, my quiet place, my office, and my freedom. I got the car just after 2000. I got it used with just over a thousand miles on it. I drove it every day from Beaverton to Gresham for school. I drove it countless times to Eugene for work and school. Every storm chase I went on, every press conference, every day...I drove my car. I paid it off in 2004. I was driving when it broke down the three times before last week. I always looked forward to picking up my car from the shop. When it died last week, I was able to push it out of the street and into the parking lot. I felt dead when it wouldn't start. My car saw the best and worst of me. I remember the first day I had it. I woke up early to wash it. I felt so good knowing I had a car. I'm not the most independent person, but my car gave me the freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted. I'm going to miss the drives in the hills and being able to get to work in the snow. I have so many good memories with my car. I will miss it! I already do.....

No comments: